top of page
SPRING CHARITY BALL
Thursday 4th May 2023
Reserving for MAY 2024
61 - 65 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5DA
The International Bankers Charitable Trust (“IBCT”)(Registered Number: 1087630)
The IBCT is the charity through which the Worshipful Company of International Bankers (“WCIB”), the livery company for financial professionals, funds and works with specialist Charities and Educational Institutions to make a difference in the lives of needy young people in London.
Main IBCT beneficiaries referenced:
4.7 million adults in the United Kingdom struggle to afford to eat every day, 2 million children are at risk of missing the next meal. Meanwhile, our food industry generates 3 million tonnes of good, edible surplus food each year.
The Felix Project is a London-based food redistribution charity set up in 2016 to tackle both issues.
Currently only 1 in 5 transplant patients from an ethnic minority or mixed race background will find a ‘perfect match’.
Ethnic minorities are sadly underrepresented in the national bone marrow donor pool. These groups across the board face challenges in finding their lifesaving matches.
For many patients who are suffering from a blood cancer or blood disorder (like leukemia, lymphoma or sickle cell disease), a bone marrow or blood stem cell transplant is often the only hope of beating the disease. In 30 % of cases, a familial matching donor may be an option. However, for the other 70 %, these patients need to find an unrelated match.
bottom of page